i've got something to report
Today I rewrote
ErrorReport() . The previous implementation didn’t handle most of the errors it was supposed to (which aren’t actually many), and was in need of the same kind of general cleanups as everything else has needed.
Following that, I started adding error loops into a few DOS functions so that they’d bring up requesters at the proper time. Obligatory screenshot:
GetDeviceProc() will ask you to insert volumes and
Seek() will report nicely if the operation couldn’t succeed for some reason (low-level error, disk removed, etc). I’ve done a few other functions as well and will gradually implement this throughout DOS.